Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sewing Get together

Hi All,

Wednesday morning and all is well.  This afternoon our little group meets at my friend Marilyn's home for sewing together on our projects and catching up on chit chat!  Always a great time and a nice break in the middle of the week.



We have been lucky here and have only gotten a few inches of snow over the last few days.  I feel sorry for those that have gotten hit hard from the last couple of storms.  As usual I have been keeping myself busy with my quilting.

I have made the binding for the bright colored throw quilt and am now hemming it down on the back side.  Will be done today.  Took a break to get into some spring colors and made a place mat that will actually go on my coffee table with some flowers or a little basket of eggs.  This will be for Easter time.



The February BOM's are out and I already finished Pat Sloan's block.  I'm doing it country and couldn't fit animals into this one so I put vegetables in it, as in "vegetable stand!"




The Quilt Doodle one is really cute, a teapot on a shelf.  All the pieces are cut out and ironed on the square but I still have to do the applique work on it.  Here it is before the finish.



I love tea pots so this is a great block for me.

Took my dog Angel to the vet's Sat. for her check-up and booster shot, Doc said she needs to lose a few pounds, sheesh!  She doesn't look like she has gained 5 lbs!  Diet time!


Try telling her that!



Well,wish me luck on that one lol.  Have a great day quilting my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment