Saturday, January 7, 2017

I know, it's been awhile!

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I know it has been a very long time since I've written a post, life just got in the way.

We had taken a trip to Tennessee, Georgia and Florida to visit kids. They are scattered all over the country.  Spent some time with each one visiting and going here and there.  It was fun and we enjoyed seeing them.

I had cataract surgery on both eyes, 3 weeks apart from each other.  It went well but it was just before gardening time.  So the garden got in late and was not very fruitful.  Later however, I did purchase some fruits and veggies at the fruit store and did a lot of canning.  I also bought a pressure cooker and canned some meat and chili etc. 

We also started a new project : Chickens!  Hubby built a coop inside the shed in the back corner and cut their door on the back of the shed.  We built an 8x8 enclosure for them with a wire roof.  Well part of it was wood about 3 feet out from the shed and the rest wire.

I found a place to get my chickens and I got 3.  One turned out to be a rooster which I didn't want because of the noise factor.  So I got rid of him and got 2 more chickens.  So now I have 4.

I also had 2 grandsons up at different times.  Of course that is always fun and we do a lot of things.

Finally in the fall I got back into quilting.  I started on Christmas things, made quilts for one son and another for a daughter-in-law.  Made some table runners, hot pads and pot holders, and a few pillowcases.

Now I am back to quilting for me.  I'm working on a wall hanging for my kitchen with roosters on it.  No roosters in the yard, but they are ok on my walls, lol.

There's a new club starting up!

YOU CAN JOIN THE CLUB FROM JANUARY 10 THROUGH JANUARY 14!!

There is a lot offered in the club so go here and check it out!

Well, glad to be back,  I joined some new blogs and I read them all on Bloglovin.  That should keep me inspired.  So until next time, happy quilting.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment